To those of you waiting eagerly for more pictures of the girls, I apologize. I don't even have a good reason for taking so long to post this. It's not like I've wasted time sleeping when I could be uploading. Even the 6 minutes of sleep I've had since the kiddos were born were spent doing other things. I woke up last night with Laurie asking me why we had one of the girls in bed with us. I said I didn't know. She said "do you have her"? I said I couldn't find her head. Turns out I was trying (in my sleep) to pick up one corner of our comforter that roughly resembled a swadled baby.
You might ask: "Joe, why did you mistake a lumpy comforter for one of your girls, even in your sleep? Do they look like lumpy comforters?"
I would reply: "No excuse Sir/Ma'am", "No", and "Here's proof"
Here are some pictures of the girls not looking like lumpy comforters.

Three generations of Jutras women/pumpkins

Smiling grandmas and screaming pumpkins

Bethany peeks out of her Halloween costume

Melody is trying to decide whether to be a pumpkin or a pirate

Miss Melody has made good use of her gorgeous eyes and has correctly identified her hand

Bethany getting dressed

Tired mama and girls enjoy a few winks

And me - words can't describe this feeling - nor can they describe the color of those scrubs (seriously, don't say red, you'd have to see them in person)
Here's a bonus video for you. This is the girls at an hour old or two. People keep asking if we can tell them apart. This will give you a good idea of how. Melody scowls, and keeps her lower lip sucked in. Also, she has more hair than Bethany, though you won't see it in this video.
Laurie said it best: "Joe, we make great kids!"
Enjoy
Oh congrats!!!! They are beautiful! I found your blog on Jenn's blog, hope you don't mind.
ReplyDeleteOh, how precious!!! So sorry I couldn't get to Dayton tonight, as we'd hoped/planned!!! Guess I will have to wait a wee bit longer to meet my darling grand-nieces...sigh. Please give yourselves all big hugs for me...hugs to Momma Laurie, Poppa Joey, the little "pumkins," and to Grandma Yay Yay! Love, Bebe
ReplyDeleteAre your scrubs PINK Joe???
ReplyDeletethey are super cute!!! I love the pumpkin costumes! I'll have to remember that for mine...(my due date is March 18th...the day after St. patrick's day). So, maybe something green. :) congrats to you both!
ReplyDeleteJoe...you look like a real doctor in those scrubs :)
Precious!! I was trying to wait patiently for these photos knowing that you guys are extremely sleep deprived!! Will your friend be taking newborn pictures of these two cutie pies? :)
ReplyDeleteLovin it! Very cute young ladies need very cute young men to take them out when they turn 16. I'm just saying I know the phone number of a couple that fit the bill when you are ready. Congratulations again.
ReplyDeleteAd and Chelle
They are adorably precious. they stole my heart already. CONGRATULATIOnS!
ReplyDelete